July 8, 2021 (Investorideas.com Newswire) A review of Dare Bioscience’s lead clinical product for bacterial vaginosis and a potential timeline to commercialization are provided in a Roth Capital Partners report.
In a July 1 research note, Roth Capital Partners analyst Zegbeh Jallah reported that the women’s health biopharma Dare Bioscience Inc. (DARE:NASDAQ) filed a new drug application with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for its lead candidate DARE-BV1, for bacterial vaginosis.
Given the drug’s fast track and qualified infectious disease designations, FDA review should be a priority, Jallah purported, with the agency issuing a decision on acceptance and a Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA) date in about August 2021. If the FDA subsequently approves the drug, that would happen around late 2021, with a commercial launch following in the first half of 2022.
Jallah reiterated that the bacterial vaginosis market is sizable, with about 21 million women in the U.S. alone experiencing this recurrent infection.
Phase 3 data for DARE-BV1, a single application vaginal gel of clindamycin, were positive, Jallah indicated. They showed statistically significant cure rates of 70% versus 36% for placebo (p<0.001) between days 21 and 30, with cures evident between days 7 and 14. DARE-BV1’s demonstrated cure rate is better than the 30-68% cure rate with other FDA approved treatments such as metronidazole, and those require multiple applications.
“Thus, DARE-BV1 remains largely differentiated in its efficacy and convenience,” Jallah wrote.
Dare intends to partner with another company to commercialize DARE-BV1 to the market, and discussions on that front are taking place, Jallah noted. Three prospective partners are Pfizer, which already has a clindamycin product; Organon, which wants to expand its bacterial vaginosis program; and Bayer, which already partners with Dare for Ovaprene.
Roth has a Buy rating on Dare Bioscience and an $11 price target. The stock is trading at about $1.93 per share.
1) Doresa Banning compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the decision to publish an article until three business days after the publication of the article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases.
6) This article does not constitute medical advice. Officers, employees and contributors to Streetwise Reports are not licensed medical professionals. Readers should always contact their healthcare professionals for medical advice.
Disclosures from ROTH Capital Partners, Dare Bioscience Inc., Company Note, July 1, 2021
Regulation Analyst Certification (“Reg AC”): The research analyst primarily responsible for the content of this report certifies the following under Reg AC: I hereby certify that all views expressed in this report accurately reflect my personal views about the subject company or companies and its or their securities. I also certify that no part of my compensation was, is or will be, directly or indirectly, related to the specific recommendations or views expressed in this report.
ROTH makes a market in shares of Dare Bioscience, Inc. and as such, buys and sells from customers on a principal basis.
Shares of Dare Bioscience, Inc. may be subject to the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Penny Stock Rules, which may set forth sales practice requirements for certain low-priced securities.
ROTH Capital Partners, LLC expects to receive or intends to seek compensation for investment banking or other business relationships with the covered companies mentioned in this report in the next three months.
This news is published on the Investorideas.com Newswire – a global digital news source for investors and business leaders
Disclaimer/Disclosure: Investorideas.com is a digital publisher of third party sourced news, articles and equity research as well as creates original content, including video, interviews and articles. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks, services or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investing involves risk and possible losses. This site is currently compensated for news publication and distribution, social media and marketing, content creation and more. Disclosure is posted for each compensated news release, content published /created if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and was published for the sole interest of our readers and followers. Contact management and IR of each company directly regarding specific questions.
More disclaimer info: https://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp Learn more about publishing your news release and our other news services on the Investorideas.com newswire https://www.investorideas.com/News-Upload/ and tickertagstocknews.com
BiotechIndustryStocks.com – investing ideas in biotechnology stocks, medical technology and life sciences
Like Biotech Stocks? View our Biotech Stocks Directory